Jump to content

Thoughts on the Athenians


Thalatta
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, guerringuerrin said:

It is, at least on land units with persians immortals

Perhaps it could be implemented for more units.

I think most ranged units could have a weak melee attack like in AOE3.

Thureophoroi, Hastati, German spearmen, Celtic spearmen, Iberian infantry, could throw a single spear before melee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

This distinction might be partially due to gameplay limitations, i'm not sure weapon switching was implemented yet.

So ranged and melee ships are separated.

Sure, but that's not what I say. I don't propose weapon switching, I propose to keep them separated, but to use representative types of ships for each task, which I do when going from threes (triḗrēs) to tens (dekḗrēs), the "higher type" that we know saw combat.

Edit: if we wanted something switching with ships, it could be sails/oars, but it might be too technical, and oars would need an exhaustion bar for it to make sense.

Edited by Thalatta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...