CBA anyone?

Gen.Kenobi

I concur that his game type was a lot of fun. I played a lot of CBA matches, the most important thing was good teamwork. I was sometimes frustrating if you got a bad player though.

AoK style triggers were a really clumsy way of doing this. I think the CBA map was made using some external software, aok trigger studio. Some of the other castle blood scenarios were liable to crash because of the thousands of necessary triggers. Also the fact that many of the unique castle units were pretty unique really made the game style work, I think to do it well in 0 A.D. you would want to mod the game to adjust some unit stats.

I was referring to triggers like in Warcraft 3. That's hell a lot more powerful and easy to work with than AoK triggers.

Changing unit stats should be able with triggers, too. That's why I mentioned several times in the past that triggers are so important. They have to be implemented well, powerful and make mods (which tend to be untidy) totally unneeded.

Edited by FeXoR

I was referring to triggers like in Warcraft 3. That's hell a lot more powerful and easy to work with than AoK triggers.

Changing unit stats should be able with triggers, too. That's why I mentioned several times in the past that triggers are so important. They have to be implemented well, powerful and make mods (which tend to be untidy) totally unneeded.

I always loved Warcraft 3 TFT's world editor because it was really powerful and easy to learn. The ability to change unit names, stats, model, responses, weapon type, moving speed, abilities, nature (flesh/mechanic/magic/ethereal), etc. with but a click was an amazing achievement for many people and the why even today the game lives on with DotA (which second version is coming soon, to retire the War3's one) and other custom maps. BTW Starcraft 2 brings an even more powerful editor, but considerably harder to learn, too.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...