My chicken is sick, please help

I have 4 chickens, 2 are about 2 years old, the other are around 1 and a half. They are all orange-ish brown except one which is white and has a long neck. It is this one that is sick.

I let them scratch around in our backyard and frontyard, feed them leftovers and grain/pellets. They've all been ok except once in the past where we beleive one got mites but recovered.

The white one is lethargic and refuses to eat and doesn't drink much either. THere appears to be a lump in front of its throat although im not sure if I'm i'm just noticing it because I looked closely. I'm pretty sure its been there for a while. Often, a thick clear liquid spills out of its mouth. Normally, it won't come near people but it actually let me pick it up and massage its front, whereupon it stopped moving and nearly fell asleep before moving away after 10 minutes.

Please help, ask fro any other details, I haven't tried anything yet since I don't know what to do.

Edit: It also makes odd shakes of the head, strechting its neck and flexing it in funny ways.

Edited by AllenY

Seriously, guys, I do have experience with chickens, and I'm 99% sure it's crop bound (ie, it has a compacted mass of feed stuck in its crop). Check out the link I posted - the symptoms are exactly as AllenY described.

Still may need to go to the vet, if adding oil and massaging it doesn't help.

Edited by greenknight32