0 A.D. on YouTube

Mythos_Ruler

3 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Poor Mayorcete. He tried to show the Power of Carthage, but ended up simulating  the Punic Wars.

I'm no expert, but I think his gameplay against the AI is somewhat sloppy. So, it difficult for me to judge the balance based on his video.

But he's correct in stating that he needs to focus more on the game than the commentary. I even found it difficult to adjust to a metal-oriented faction like Carthage. It needs a player with good economic-balancing skills to pull of. I think I'll try playing against the AI (Medium) to see for myself.

Search their AoE previous videos, he is good learning but he is green in 0 A.D.

• Like 1

Take a gander at my old hardware in all it's "crappy glory".

Some things I can comment on:
Mayorcete commenting STILL plays better than me when I'm focused. My build order is only effective against Petra. His build order is for a more well-rounded game. But I least I learned from him that Skirmishers are a good option against Rome. Hence, choosing the Iberian Embassy.

Also, I seem to have the OLD Corinthian Isthmus map. It doesn't look like the one Mayorcete played. So my experiment falls apart.

I would love any advice on how I can improve my gameplay.

• Like 1

oops, 5 free unit not enable yet for Macedonians. I think spawningh would be a good feature to have. For the mace bonus, and also I think a cool tech can be "Town Militia" which unlock where X number of militia units spawn whenever one of your building is captured or destroyed like -- like Poseidon in AOM.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I know that Formation functions are broken, but I didn't listen. I'll just report it here:

25:20 - Group A commanded to Syntagma Formation
25:35 - Group A (Syntagma) + Group B (No Formation) commanded to Syntagma Formation
26:30 - Group AB commanded to No Formation. At this point I didn't notice the weirdness of the behavior of my units until....
28:15 - Group AB + Group C (5 Pikemen at the Lower Part) commanded to attack Storehouse. Group AB doesn't obey unless they are being commanded exclusively.
28:55 - Some units from Group AB won't even move even when they're set to Violent Stance.
29:40 - It's from Group AB. I just gave up and commanded them to go back to Syntagma. At least it made them more responsive.

• Like 1

• Silier featured this topic