Terrain Objects

JJSamuel

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 on my acer laptop.

hardware config: Intel i3, 2GB DDR3 and onboard Intel HD graphics.

I installed alpha5.

On all the maps, I see these strange red squares around some buildings, mines and quarries.

I updated the kernel and the xorg drivers

I even tried compiling the source code. The squares persist.

I have an old desktop with ati xpress200 onboard graphics..I had installed alpha 5 2 weeks ago. I doesn't seem to have this problem on it, though the game run slow on it.

i have attached a screen shot. i have observed the same problem in the other maps too.

and thnx rasunadonpost-12700-0-64038100-1307530285_thumb.p

Edited by JJSamuel

Yeah, the red is the regions of terrain decals that are outside the texture - the textures are set up with GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER and the border colour should be the default (transparent), so it sounds like a probable driver bug since it's drawing some random colour instead.

I tried updating mesa and xorg drivers using the oibaf ppa. The problem just got worse. The buildings aren't rendered at all and the soldiers are now 'beheaded' :blush:

And the other problem is that the unit positions don't show on the minimap. You would notice that the minimap is blank(without blue spots showing units and buildings). Is it a bug, or is it just not implemented?

I've been a great fan of aoe. Now I hope 0ad will turn out better.

post-12700-0-97620500-1308377392_thumb.p

Well, I'm don't know very much about drivers and graphics and decals and stuff.

Is there any thing that i can do to fix the driver bug or should i wait for the next ubuntu release? i'll soon try the game on a fresh ubuntu 11.04 release and post results.

Could anyone suggest which linux distribution is good for gaming?

Edited by JJSamuel

I tried updating mesa and xorg drivers using the oibaf ppa. The problem just got worse. The buildings aren't rendered at all and the soldiers are now 'beheaded' :blush:

:loool: i'm sorry for your problem, but beheaded soldiers are hilarious.

Maybe it could be an idea for a fantasy mod