wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted March 23 Share Posted March 23 The Nabataeans 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 A year ago I made a rather poorly done emblem for this faction. I'll look for it. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted September 12 Author Share Posted September 12 2 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: A year ago I made a rather poorly done emblem for this faction. I'll look for it. Yeah, I'm not happy with the one in the first post. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said: Yeah, I'm not happy with the one in the first post. I need to find it and correct it. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted September 12 Author Share Posted September 12 I like the idea of a date palm, but perhaps something religious would be better. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 (edited) 14 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said: I like the idea of a date palm, but perhaps something religious would be better. Okay, maybe we don't just have to make the emblem, we also have to make the banners and the flags, sails... The icon of unexplored map. I found my original idea. It appears to be one of those eyes that remove or prevent the so-called evil eye. Edited September 12 by Nicolaus_von_Kues 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 (edited) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabataean_religion They also worshipped Baalshamin. They are Semites and are related to the Idumeans, Israelites, and Judeans. It has its own gods. They have their sacred monuments. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baetyl Edited September 12 by Nicolaus_von_Kues 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 (edited) They were originally iconoclasts. They did not like to worship images. This is similar to the ark of the covenant; the ark is supposed to be the throne of Yahweh, but for them this altar was where their invisible god was. "Altars were also sometimes used as a representation of the gods. There is little evidence of Nabataean iconoclasm. Most of the deities were portrayed as betyls, sometimes carved in relief and others carried during processions." Edited September 12 by Nicolaus_von_Kues 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duileoga Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 (edited) 1 hour ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: They were originally iconoclasts. They did not like to worship images. This is similar to the ark of the covenant; the ark is supposed to be the throne of Yahweh, but for them this altar was where their invisible god was. "Altars were also sometimes used as a representation of the gods. There is little evidence of Nabataean iconoclasm. Most of the deities were portrayed as betyls, sometimes carved in relief and others carried during processions." Buenos día o tardes: -Muy buenas referencias y fuentes, por favor no dude en subir más , es de gran ayuda para el mod Endovélico. Me gustaría saber que ideas tiene para el árbol de unidades y estructuras para esta facción (Entre los años 500 a.c-100d.c,por la cronología del mod). Disculpen por las inconveniencias* Edited September 12 by Duileoga Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genava55 Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted September 12 Share Posted September 12 7 hours ago, Duileoga said: Buenos día o tardes: -Muy buenas referencias y fuentes, por favor no dude en subir más , es de gran ayuda para el mod Endovélico. Me gustaría saber que ideas tiene para el árbol de unidades y estructuras para esta facción (Entre los años 500 a.c-100d.c,por la cronología del mod). Disculpen por las inconveniencias* I left the source above, but only look for the images that wow said it wanted. The rest are just my comments are based on what I know about Near Eastern cultures. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now