Game crashes when attempting to load an multiplayer game in the lobby

Joraikor

Hi everyone, today I made an game in the multiplayer lobby and let my friend join, we had 2 ai.
As we were loading the game, it crashed and gave an error message, I attached the error message.
I also tried alone wihtout ai and 2 empty teams but it still crashed.
Iam playing the newest version on Windows 11.113376642_Screenshot2024-04-04130647.thumb.png.a79664f22ab564fd8acf698bda56cf4b.png

Hi @Joraikor, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if the game crashed when you were creating it or when you were loading a save? If you were loading a multiplayer save that is a known issue.

That error message doesn't really tell a lot; when reporting something it's usually best to include the logs. In doubt just zip the logs folder and attach it to your post. (The logs get overwritten when you start the application again.) Here's how to find them: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Also: Moin!

@Joraikor What mods are you using? I don't see the map "Isthmus von Korinth", unless that's the German translation of "Corinthian Isthmus (4)".

16 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

I noticed you have a bunch of errors in your system_info.

Really? I don't see errors in system_info.txt. Can you point them out, please?

The errors that I see are in interestinglog.html:

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=7.034, minOverlap=0.05, maxOverlap=0.85
ERROR: No placement possible for distance=7.042, minOverlap=0.05, maxOverlap=0.85

We need more information in order to troubleshoot this issue.

• Please answer Stan's questions.
  • Please list which mods you have enabled.
  • Please attach mainlog.html after the problem occurs.
  • Please attach a screenshot of the game conditions prior to starting the match in order to determine the "steps to reproduce the issue".

If we can't determine the solution through communication on the forum then I invite you to talk to me on IRC after 18:00 UTC in order to work together to try to reproduce the symptoms and narrow down what's causing them.

Hi, sorry for my late reply.

Iam really on Windows 11.

Iam using no mods, I attempted several vanilla multiplayer games in the lobby created by myself and it crashed regardeless of the map, sometimes it just closed the game without anything, sometimes at 100 % loading and sometimes shortly after entering the game.

In the case of the following screenshot it loadet to 100% and then just closed the game.

388541814_Screenshot2024-04-05085723.thumb.png.190fd162d01ffc0c2cdc806db5e27804.png

mainlog.html

4 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Really? I don't see errors in system_info.txt. Can you point them out, please?

[MemoryDevice]
  hMemoryArray: 49
  hError: 55

[MemoryDevice]
  hError: 57

[MemoryDevice]
  hError: 60

[MemoryDevice]
  hError: 62

hErrors are errors?

• 3 weeks later...

The mainlog.html file that you posted has the message at the end, "Engine exited successfully on 2023-02-04 at 11:25:23 with 74134 message(s), 2 error(s) and 0 warning(s)."

That's dated February 4, 2023. Is that what you expected?

Are you still experiencing the problem?

If so, please talk to me on IRC after 18:00 UTC.

Edited by Norse_Harold

Hi, yeah I just noticed I send the wrong log files XD, it began the day I wrote the first message, I searched my explorer but cant find any up to date logs, the ones I send are old ones when I didnt have the problems, no idea why I found them.idnt have the problems, no idea why I found them.