How to change default game file directories?

I would like to change the default directories of the replay files to a different location, for example, to my Games folder under Username/Saved Games. Currently, the replay files and modification files are all inside my Documents folder and they are mixed with my professional work files. The game's program files and configuration files are inside the hidden AppData folder. That is inconvenient.

Ideally, I would like to contain the entire game within one directory. All program files, configurations and replays stay inside that folder, so that I don't have bits and pieces of the game all over my computer.

Is this feasible? 

On Linux the game respects environment variables like HOME and XDG_*

Going by the terms used in your question I suspect you are using Windows and so you're limited to use the option -writableRoot which writes everything to directories below where the exe itself resides. Could also be useful for when installing 0ad to an usb stick for example.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hyperion said:

On Linux the game respects environment variables like HOME and XDG_*

Going by the terms used in your question I suspect you are using Windows and so you're limited to use the option -writableRoot which writes everything to directories below where the exe itself resides. Could also be useful for when installing 0ad to an usb stick for example.

Yeah that's the way. Unless USB sticks are prohibited. It would work in any case. Once you have installed 0 A.D. somewhere you can just move the folder as you please and run the game with -writableRoot. Just don't put it in somewhere requiring admin rights though e.g. program files or things might go wrong.

• Thanks 1