why cant I buy food in my market

mmcato

1 hour ago, mmcato said:

I have tone of wood stone etc but drastically short of food.

The farms do not yield enough - the fishes have all been caught and no fruit left.

I cannot appear to be able to purchase food.

The more you buy, the less you can buy. The market is not the solution. Just make more fields, and operate each of them with 5 women.

8 hours ago, mmcato said:

Maybe you inadvertently sold all your food. When bartering you select a resource to sell (top) and a resource to buy (bottom); since food is the first resource it is set by default to sell that.

I suspect this is your main problem. Other than that, if you don't have a lot of hunt or berries build at least six fully worked fields in p1, in p2 at least ten. hth

Edit: Oh, and research the gathering tecs.

Edited by Gurken Khan

12 hours ago, mmcato said:

When you click the market, you see two rows of resources. The top row is the resource that you will sell, and the bottom row is the resource that you will buy. Click any resource other than food in the top row to prepare to sell it. Then click a resource in the bottom row to actually make the transaction and buy that resource.

Note that the resource selected for sale by default is food. That could explain why it appears that you "can't buy food". You need to select something other than food for sale.

• Like 1