Overbrightening/Contrast in some sprites with OGL since latest renderer changes (SVN)

wowgetoffyourcellphone

I use OpenGL for both. No mods enabled. I can confirm this does not occur with Vulkan, but a significant portion of players will use OpenGL.

Alpha 26 (desirable)

Spoiler

9zfK6BJ.png

Current SVN (overbrightened)

Spoiler

sgu4rHi.png

Alpha 26 (desirable)

Spoiler

c7Oslgo.png

Current SVN (overbrightened)

Spoiler

ex624UY.png

You'll see in Alpha 26 these sprites blended better into the terrain and are aesthetically pleasing, but now in SVN there's an overbrightness and contrast to their textures which makes them not blend nearly as well. The textures have not changed. Rendering them did. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• wowgetoffyourcellphone changed the title to Overbrightening/Contrast in some sprites with OGL since latest renderer changes (SVN)
17 minutes ago, hyperion said:

@vladislavbelov,

as told on phab, those grasses also cause flickering for me under camera movement, neither renderer backend nor various graphic options matter. The attached video doesn't faithfully reproduce the issue but that is the best I managed to do playing with capture and encoding options.

Yeah, it's a known thing. You might find it for some trees as well. First of all we need to adjust DDS converting (nvtt or compressonator) to preserve alpha correctly.