I propose to rename the factions to their full names.

Spatalos

For a better understanding of the game era, it seems to me that it would be better to call the factions by their full names: instead of the Romans, call the Roman Republic, instead of the Mauryans, rename the Mauryan Empire, etc. Well, or at least indicate these names in the encyclopedia.

Edited by Spatalos
  • Like 2

On 26/05/2023 at 3:53 AM, Spatalos said:

For a better understanding of the game era, it seems to me that it would be better to call the factions by their full names: instead of the Romans, call the Roman Republic, instead of the Mauryans, rename the Mauryan Empire, etc. Well, or at least indicate these names in the encyclopedia.

I'll make certain that the full names are mentioned in the encyclopedia.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/05/2023 at 9:53 AM, Spatalos said:

I think it makes sense.

There aren't Mauryan or Seleucid people, but those where dynasties with an empire. Adding empire to their name, clearly indicate what those factions represent. Also for Romans, I think it is good to denote that it is about republican times, not imperial times.

2 hours ago, alre said:

it may be good for clarity and context, but romans of that time would just call themselves "romans" or "rome". the state was represented by the city of rome, and its power and glory.

They might have referred to themselves as Romans, but the state was often called SPQR or the Senate and People of Rome.  Your argument is the equivalent of saying that because Americans call themselves American or America, it couldn't be something else, like the USA.