A response to limits.

LetswaveaBook

On 19/05/2023 at 4:36 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wish unit training limits could be iterated by techs. Currently it can only be affected by 1 tech only. No way to allow for further techs to affect the limit after the first one.

That is true technically, but wouldn't there be a workaround:

Give a unit two classes A and B. The initial limit for classes A and B are 5 and respectively 10. Since limit for class A is 5, initially only 5 units can be produced.

Tech 1 raises the limit for class A to 20. Then after researching tech 1, B is the lowest limit and only 10 units can be produced.

Tech 2 raises the limit for class B to 20. Since now both limits are 20, 20 units can be produced.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Wouldn't this work?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

That is true technically, but wouldn't there be a workaround:

Give a unit two classes A and B. The initial limit for classes A and B are 5 and respectively 10. Since limit for class A is 5, initially only 5 units can be produced.

Tech 1 raises the limit for class A to 20. Then after researching tech 1, B is the lowest limit and only 10 units can be produced.

Tech 2 raises the limit for class B to 20. Since now both limits are 20, 20 units can be produced.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Wouldn't this work?

This could work, but isn't as straight forward as it could be and feels very hacky. You're right though that I could very well use it in a mod (DE), since half of modding is hacking what is already there and creating workarounds. Thank you for the idea, I may well use it.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone