Something new error (continent, medium map, India biome, 4 players, revealed map).

Akira Kurosawa

Can you update the description of the recommended system requirements already? RAM: 16 GB. Video card: 8 GB. Processor: IntelCore i9 etc...

1-st error window:

Spoiler

Assertion failed: "m_checksum == stream.Checksum()"

Call stack:

00B31C8F

00B34C08

00B37523

00B210D5

errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

2-nd error window:

Spoiler

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.
You may find paths to these files at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Details: unhandled exception (Breakpoint)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 13 (Insufficient access rights to open file)

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

• Akira Kurosawa changed the title to Something new error (continent, medium map, India biome, 4 players, revealed map).
13 minutes ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

Can you update the description of the recommended system requirements already? RAM: 16 GB. Video card: 8 GB. Processor: IntelCore i9 etc...

1-st error window:

Hide contents

Assertion failed: "m_checksum == stream.Checksum()"

Call stack:

00B31C8F

00B34C08

00B37523

00B210D5

errno = 0 (No error reported here)

2-nd error window:

Hide contents

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.
You may find paths to these files at https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

Details: unhandled exception (Breakpoint)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 13 (Insufficient access rights to open file)

Your specs far exceed mine.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Your specs far exceed mine.

RAM: 16 GB. Video card: 8 GB. Processor: IntelCore i9 etc... - these are not my characteristics, but those at which this game will stop crashing. Although, on gaming forums, people write that the game crashes even with these characteristics.:D

Just now, Akira Kurosawa said:

RAM: 16 GB. Video card: 8 GB. Processor: IntelCore i9 etc... - these are not my characteristics, but those at which this game will stop crashing. Although, on gaming forums, people write that the game crashes even with these characteristics.:D

It doesn't crash it to me, but I don't try to give thousands of clicks when there is lag either.

11 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Yes. On Linux it is unloaded, but sadly Microsoft wants to inflict agony on all of its users and you never know what they are up to with these system processes 

On Linux, do I need to compile the game from source files or install from the repository? I don't like fuss and I don't like being tied to repositories. Is it possible to download a game on Linux as an .exe file, save it to a USB flash drive and install it anywhere without fuss? I've tried Ubuntu (guess it was "Fecal Fossa") - a terrible thing.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

18 minutes ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

On Linux, do I need to compile the game from source files or install from the repository? I don't like fuss and I don't like being tied to repositories. Is it possible to download a game on Linux as an .exe file, save it to a USB flash drive and install it anywhere without fuss? I've tried Ubuntu (guess it was "Fecal Fossa") - a terrible thing.

Best way is install from repository.There are other options like snap and flatpak if your repo doesn't work.  Now, Ubuntu is trash, go arch or Fedora