[Feature] "Satrapy Tribute" Persian Tachara resource trickle

Note: I am calling the current (as of Alpha 27) "Apadana" special building the Tachara instead. Reasons: We want to remake the Persian wonder into the Apadana and the special building is visually based on the Tachara anyway. I'll make a patch soon to address this.

Currently, "Satrapy Tribute" bonus for the Tachara is just a 1 food and 1 wood resource trickle every 1 second. I propose that "Satrapy Tribute" become a technology that unlocks the ability to 'Upgrade' the Tachara into versions that will trickle the resource desired by the player. Research "Satrapy Tribute" and now the player can upgrade the Tachara to trickling food, or wood, or stone, or metal as is desired by the player.

Soo, build this:

palace.png.61d1d78d0fb31c06992b7c0723d82b13.png

And you'll see these in the UI, but grayed out:

image.png.6a38c485cb26f31291f2e11c8eb3508f.png image.png.7901d2f2b8fba5b29dfb0e29d3529273.png image.png.60e2177dcca9988c74b2bc8ed52fe6af.png image.png.6e8449fcfe22aab90506a3afca137cf2.png

Research this:

coinage.png.8a1e0ce473dc4d9c18f2a5badc34fdbf.png

"Satrapy Tribute"

• Unlock the Food, Wood, Stone, and Metal resource trickle options for the Tachara.

And now you can upgrade the Tachara to any of these trickle option at-will. Since you already spent resources on researching the tech, the switch between trickle versions only costs a bit of time.

palace_food.png.7ecd9255a7c6f59ad12da4fcae2c97a4.png palace_wood.png.8c9e6876e01bde4ace279e6dcc7c7010.png palace_stone.png.7aa5a6941318a8f0262d6f5b2c9820cd.png palace_metal.png.bf79688bfbf6c222a23cc38972fb4531.png

Perhaps someone can create a new icon for the tech, based on the Persepolis reliefs. Something like this, but colorized/gameified:

Persepolis_stairs_of_the_Apadana_relief.

image.png.ba8d4a42b53c8f549a044104ef8b256e.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• wowgetoffyourcellphone changed the title to [Feature] "Satrapy Tribute" Persian Tachara resource trickle
3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

the resource icon would look better with just the resource. Disrespecting the symbol a lot, you must just imagine about if  I do same with roman eagle.

It doesn't look fancy.

Well, the icon is unfortunately the portrait of the object you are upgrading to. I wish that could be overridden in the <Upgrade> code @Freagarach.

51 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

The unlock should either be fairly cheap with a slower trickle or more expensive with a moderate trickle.

Right, if we want the trickle to be substantial, then the unlock cost should be expensive. Essentially, the cost of the tech should reflect the impact of its effect(s).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Well, the icon is unfortunately the portrait of the object you are upgrading to. I wish that could be overridden in the <Upgrade> code @Freagarach.

it looks so ugly. Wouldn't it be better to put it smaller in the corner?(I mean the resource).It looks like a parody of itself.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Haha 1

perhaps the resource could be blown up a little to the top right, with the symbol shifted a little to the bottom left. This way the overlap is skewed, kind of like in the following I "made" a while ago:

The idea would be to make the resource the more important subject, with the symbol serving as context.

image.png.747c9d7dd7d10e2cf5e937997acd95f7.png

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

On 16/02/2023 at 9:25 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I don't think they look bad^ :shrug: The resource icons need to be large enough to discern in the UI upgrade buttons. 

Anyway, it's the concept that's most important.

Yes you are right, the concept is the main thing.

What I was mentioning earlier was not to make the resource icon smaller, but to just stratify the two, so that they are less overlapping. With the resource dead center, it is a little bit visually confusing.