gw1500se

Hang then Crash on CentOS 7

I've installed 0ad Alpha XXII (build 07/27/17) and after about 5-10 minutes of play the game hangs. This happens consistently.  It locks up my machine with, I believe, excess IO. After several minutes the game closes. I am not able to find any crash dump or logs. Either none are being generated or I do not know where to look for them. Before I open a ticket I am hoping someone can help me either find the debug output or tell me how to force some debug output. TIA.

You should find the logs here /home/username/.config/0ad/logs the ones to post are interestinglog.html and the system_info.txt

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

Hello @gw1500se!

In order to force debug output, it might be interesting to run the game inside a debugger. Either the crash will leave you with a stack trace, either you can break into the debugger at the moment the game hangs to see, with some luck, what it is currently trying to do without success.

The basic instructions to use the GNU debugger on Unix can be found here. Don't hesitate to ask for help and I hope we can track the issue down! Thanks for reporting :)