Team Bonuses

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Hi guy. I'm trying implement some team bonuses. So far, 4 out of 5 work. The one I am work on right now is this:

"TeamBonuses":
	[
		{
			"Name":"Breadbasket of the Mediterranean",
			"History":"Egypt was a net exporter of grain, so much so that large cities such as Athens, Antioch, and Rome came to rely upon Egyptian grain in order to feed their masses.",
			"Description":"All allies automatically gain a slow trickle of food income."
		}
	],

I tried it this way. I add the ResourceTrickle thing to the player.xml file, like this:

<ResourceTrickle>
    <Rates>
      <food>0.0</food>
      <wood>0.0</wood>
      <stone>0.0</stone>
      <metal>0.0</metal>
    </Rates>
    <Interval>10000</Interval>
  </ResourceTrickle>

So, I assumed this would give the ResourceTrickle to all players, but set at zero of course. Then with the aura, I did this:

(auras/teambonuses/ptol_team_bonus.json)

{
	"type": "global",
	"affects": ["Player"],
	"affectedPlayers": ["ExclusiveMutualAlly"],
	"modifications": [
		{"value": "ResourceTrickle/Rates/food", "add": 10}
	],
	"auraName": "Breadbasket of the Mediterranean",
	"auraDescription": "Allies gain a free slow trickle of the food resource."
}

And then I made the player_ptol.xml look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Entity parent="special/player">
  <Auras datatype="tokens">teambonuses/ptol_team_bonus</Auras> 
  <EntityLimits>
    <LimitRemovers>
      <CivicCenter>
        <RequiredTechs datatype="tokens">phase_imperial</RequiredTechs>
        <RequiredClasses datatype="tokens">Hero</RequiredClasses>
      </CivicCenter>
    </LimitRemovers>
  </EntityLimits>
</Entity>

Guess what. Doesn't work. lol. Am I do this right? I think I am doing it right, but game is not capable of this yet. Maybe I have syntax or logic problem. Thoughts? Interval is in milisecond, right? lol, I didn't set it to 10,000 seconds did I? ;)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

We will do some work to finish team bonuses implementation on a22 and clean some stuff in the aura code. (That's the first thing I will work on for a22). We have a TODO about range manager request (here for example, your target is a player entity wich have no position). Moreover (to sum up), for the moment only player auras wich applies to Cost will work.

Mimo has yet suggested a patch on trac for the one you try to do. (Btw some optimizations of ResourceTrickle are done).

4 hours ago, mimo said:

you can also have a look at #4082 which contains a working ptol-teambonus.patch (still compatible with svn).

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/attachment/ticket/4082/ptol-teambonus.patch

I like how I had the right idea. The Player.xml and team bonus aura are nearly of the identical. The only differences are what we interpret the values should be.

So, if I apply this, I can take the edited files and add them to the mod and it won't break compatibility with the coming release, right? ;) I guess there's only one way to find out!

Just tried it, mimo's patch works as advertise. :)  1.5 per second seems a bit much. ;)  I did 10 every 10 seconds (so, 1 per second). I think 2000 food or so over the course of a match is a good enough team bonus, but that depend on how the other economic team bonuses shape a match too.

Okay, what about this one guys?

{
	"type": "global",
	"affects": ["Temple"],
	"affectedPlayers": ["MutualAlly"],
	"modifications": [
		{ "value": "ProductionQueue/TechCostMultiplier/wood", "multiply": 0.5 },
		{ "value": "ProductionQueue/TechCostMultiplier/food", "multiply": 0.5 },
		{ "value": "ProductionQueue/TechCostMultiplier/metal", "multiply": 0.5 },
		{ "value": "ProductionQueue/TechCostMultiplier/stone", "multiply": 0.5 },
		{ "value": "ProductionQueue/TechCostMultiplier/time", "multiply": 0.5 },
		{"value": "Cost/BuildTime", "multiply": 0.5},
		{"value": "Cost/Resources/stone", "multiply": 0.5},
		{"value": "Cost/Resources/wood", "multiply": 0.5}
	],
	"auraName": "Ashoka's Proselytism",
	"auraDescription": "Allied temples and temple technologies -50% cost, in resources and time."
}

The Cost modifications work, but the ProductionQueue ones do not (they work as tech modifications though, example: Metallurgy and Forging techs in DE).

EDIT: For some reason the ProductionQueue modifications took effect after I teched to City Phase. Kind of weird!

1 hour ago, fatherbushido said:

I don't know. As there was Ashoka in the name, I wondered. Then what is the Ashoka's aura ?

I have not come inspired with one yet. :) Maybe this can be Ashoka's and the Mauryan team bonus can be something to do with pop cap. Maybe ally houses +1 pop (can we do +0.5 pop?).

• 1 month later...

Like what you're doing. Since I've got a mod where I want to implement as much bonuses and techs as possible, we could finish the ticket's auras and get them inside our respective mods. Feel free to try and use some of the techs I've implemented.

Mod is there:

Edited by Eraser
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fatherbushido said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone: it should work now.

Have you some other idea for spartans? (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Civ%3A_Spartans#TEAMBONUS)

Let's think of Spartan trait or historical event that is well known or impact to their character. I like "Peloponnesian League" as the bonus name, because it implies "team" or "alliance" in the name, but what is the effect?

Sparta had dual kingship.

Sparta had a council of peers or citizens.

Sparta culture was admire, even by some prominent Athenians.

Sparta was insular and fearful of servile revolt.

Spartan women were emancipated.

Sparta supported oligarchic governments in "allied" or servile cities.

Sparta famously did not have city wall until the late Hellenistic age.

Sparta famously took youths at young age to train them in the Agoge. Prominent families in other cities sent their sons to Sparta to be trained in this way too.

Sparta often had contingent of other cities soldiers on one of the wings of their battle line, like Tegea or Mantinea or Corinth. Maybe the bonus is allied player soldiers get attack boost when near allied Spartan soldier or hero.