Why was the feature freeze for Alpha 20 postponed? [SOLVED]

yoreei

Hello,

I saw a few days ago that a feature freeze for Alpha 20 Milestone was due soon but now that I've come back to check the roadmap http://trac.wildfiregames.com/roadmap

I see that the freeze was postponed 3 weeks ahead. Why is that so? I don't mean to put pressure for the Alpha 20 release, I am just curious about the reasons for this. Maybe there are not enough new features added to the game since Alpha 19? Thinking positively, this allows lybomirv and me to make the Bulgarian translation even better for Alpha 20 :)

7x3UUK.png

Edited by yoreei

15 minutes ago, av93 said:

It happens always :P

With alpha 19, it was postponed a lot of months cause the new pathfinder introduced a lot of bugs.

Yes, I know about alpha 19. Things is, we knew the exact tickets as they were marked "release breakers" we don't have such tickets now

3 minutes ago, niektb said:

Another (very) common cause is that there are game breaking bugs found that need to be fixed prior to a release.

I see how game breaking bugs can slow down a release but what I was talking about was the feature freeze. If there are game breaking bugs, it's not the right time to accept new features for the Alpha 20 release (new features = new bugs)

17 minutes ago, leper said:

It wasn't delayed, the date for the milestone just isn't something anyone cares about. If it would make you happier I could set it to some random date some years in the future instead of some weeks, but that wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you, leper, this answered my question. No need to change it or remove it unless there are a lot of people that get confused by it (Which is not the case).

Alright, does the new forum have a "Solved" feature? :)