Forgotten Factions?

Queshnaba

Hello everyone I have recently (within the past month) I started playing 0 A.D. but felt like some factions were missing. I had also looked around for what they planned as future factions and did not see these missing factions and figured I would start this thread to see what all of you think. One is the Greek Polis of Rhodes. This was the only Greek state that I am aware of that actually managed to repel Alexander the Great and are known for their architecture. Another is the Successor state of Pontus. The third being the Kingdom of Armenia. Do you feel they would be welcome additions and should not be forgotten?

On a side note. does anybody know if they are going to add the silver shield legionaries to the Seleucid roster?

First: Pontus wasn't a successor state - it was a persian satrapy which adopted some seleucid/macedonian ideas - we already have persia, and we already have the seleucids+macedonians, having a middle ground would be pointless, yes?

Second: We don't really want or need those, rhodes for example, had very minimal impact on the world.... and we have too many greeks as it is. If ever there would be another greek city state - it would be thebes.

Armenia? Hm. Not sure. We're not trying to be rome total war here. Most of the factions had a SIGNIFICANT IMPACT on the shape of the world, crete, pontus, armenia.. they didn't really do much in the way of special stuff. Macedonia conquered the known world, athens fought the persians for several hundred years, spartans are spartans, persians were an empire, romans romanised the world... see where i'm going with this?

And silver shield legionaries ARE in the Seleucid roster, but they aren't actually silver shield. they're called Romanized infantry (i think) - Go to a fortress and research "reformed army" which should give you Kataphraktoi and the romanized infantry.

On a side note, if you feel these factions are really really important, you can always start a mod yourself.

Vive le open source.

Edited by auron2401

As some of you may not know it's not that they don't want to. Only that nobody can take care of it. I'll be glad to model them though. If you can generate a design doc like the ones on the wiki (a full one) with references pictures, that would help a lot. But if you want more factions, start by helping those that are not finished. In this case : Seleucids.

• Like 2