Wow, thats some amazing feedback, man, this is awsome. Thanks a lot for putting so much detail and depth on this!
1. These buttons are unit actions, so should go with the buttons  around the unit portrait . True, i did tried to fit then on, but i couldnt find a way to attach them without making it too crumpy (as if wasnt crumpy already lol). But maybe i can do a sub radial inside the first one.
2. I think these should be centered over the top arrowhead. If  can be extended a few pixels leftward, then the additional buttons at 1 can be placed radially around the portrait. Initially there would be too many, but if WFG adopted my suggestion to simplify stances to 3 selectable stances only [Aggressive, Defensive, Stand Ground], then there is enough room for all of the buttons, a total of 9. Yea, if we could operate with the default stances the extra items at .1 would fit better and allow for one big glorious radial around it. 3. The portrait needs a spot for the Rank insignia. I like the "gloss" overlay. Nice touch. I also agree that if the selection is multiple units but just 1 type, then the large portrait should remain, with a large number overlain. Oh i forgot rank indeed. Actually rank seems like a valuable info, guess we need to handle a corner for it. I wonder if its wise to keep the low opacity icon as it is now.
4. This is nice, I like this. Makes the formations prominent. Would look even nicer if, again, number of formations were reduced. Box, Skirmish, and Flank formations are useless. Yup, same logic as 2.
5. Need a yellow bar for resource count. Oh fair, didnt noticed that one.
6. Minimap buttons can go radially here, all the way around. Total of 8 possible minimap buttons. Plenty. Or just go with the 5 buttons you have there, bunched together. That works too. I don't think we really want more than about 5 different minimap features anyway. So we basically invert the axis and make it come from the left corner? I like it.
7. I like how this gives room for 1 more additional icon [9 wide instead of the current 8 wide]. This panel here is where this UI can adapt to different screen widths. On narrower widths, there can be an arrow-over to scroll this over to show any hidden icons. I see. in a 4:3 proportion it think it would tight up and hide the effect of the civ-related detail but thats the most of it.
8. I like the negative space around the icons here. Gives "breathing room." Hehe thanks. I did tried to fit the formations or build actions in the bottom row but it just got the crumpyness again.
9. May I suggest a nifty little feature here? Perhaps clicking here toggles between GenericName and SpecificName. Does a quick little rollover animation. Thats an great idea. Loved it.
The "Drakkar" detail you have there on the right side can further customize for each culture. On lower resolutions the feature wouldn't even show up, but it would on 1600+px widths. True. I think the biggest catch would be to change materials on the current look, make the stoneish gloss turn into wood, bamboo, and other materials would be a fitting addition but would mean to redraw all over it again.
I will put your guidelines to the test today. Thanks <3