Sound bug

Orkanoxon

When I played this gamelately with the Romans against two Gauls on the map "Alpine mountains", suddenly there was no more sound nor music.

I play the re-release of Alpha 25 in German. (I also recorded my gameplay with Nvidia Geforce Experience / Nvidia share, whilst playing).

I'm not sure why this happened, but it might be either that after a few minutes, the sound stops automatically or because I built several stockpiles within the range of my first town center.

Any help is appreciated.

Yeah that means either it was overwritten or something else happened.

3 minutes ago, Orkanoxon said:

When I noticed the sound problem I tried to change the sound settings while being in-game, but that didn't help.

When the sound goes away, the only thing you can do is restart. Sound card detection and usage is done when the game starts. We don't analyze what's going on after.

Switching sound cards, plugging headphones, or doing anything that might affect the soundcard might cause it to go mute.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think I could solve the problem.

My computer may have changed the audio-ouput device to one that wasn't connected to headphones or a speaker.

I could, at least temporarily solve it, using a USB-adapter for both, my headphones and my microphone, at once.

I'm not 100% sure that this was the problem, but as long as it works ...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Orkanoxon said:

Hi

I think I could solve the problem.

My computer may have changed the audio-ouput device to one that wasn't connected to headphones or a speaker.

I could, at least temporarily solve it, using a USB-adapter for both, my headphones and my microphone, at once.

I'm not 100% sure that this was the problem, but as long as it works ...

The issue is that you can't change audio configuration while the game is running. It won't adjust so you'll lose sound