Walls - Tips for perfectly aligned walls

Hi there,

I am wanting to make a kind of castle like the Iberian walls you get at the start of the game.

I was wondering if there are any tips on making walls perfectly align with each other and then to have them exactly 90 degrees from each corner?

Also, I see in the Hyrule mod that they have circular bases and I was wondering if it is possible to make palisade walls circular - there circular walls seems to be perfect circles so it seems likely that they found some other way to do this other than just using their eye site to roughly align each segment of wall...

You misunderstood my questions. I do not want to use the Iber fortress because it is not perfectly square so I am trying to manually create my own perfectly square fort on the maps that I regularly play on.

When manually creating the fort, it is hard to make the walls in to a perfect square with each side perfectly straight and perfectly alligned. So I was wondering if there was any tricks/tips out there for how to get it perfect. The Hyrule mod has what appears to be perfect circles (which would be good for my palisade villages) and the Bigtiger mod had perfect walls. Have a look at this:

screenshot0148.png

It all seems perfectly aligned... 

• 1 month later...

Well I am not 100% sure on perfect ect... but here is how to get close with much less efforts.

Step 1 have a secondary blank map made .. and set to the same number of players as your destination map.

Step 2 In player settings give lots of stone and wood to your desired player that needs walls.

Step 3 Press "test map" and building you walls with a villager you added.

Step 4 press pause and select everything in atlas

Step 5 Copy the walls and towers .

Last step :paste into your desired map. 

Edited by SSplat
spelling

In Hyrule Conquest we actually make use of our custom plot component to place walls, and also any other potential plots/buildings.
We don't do this manually in Atlas. That would be extremely tedious to repeat for each map and also not very practical.

How this basically operates, is that we select a single entity, let's say a civil center for this example.

TFDqXcS.jpg

The civil center template holds all the wall plots, with their respective offsets.
Explaining how the component exactly works would take too much time for this post, but this is what a single segment would look like in the template for us.

<WallA>
  <Angle>-21</Angle>
  <LinkedDestruction>true</LinkedDestruction>
  <Template>structures/hylian/hylian_plot_wallmedium</Template>
  <UpgradeUponCreation>structures/hylian/hylian_stone_wall_medium</UpgradeUponCreation>
  <X>-36</X>
  <Z>93</Z>
</WallA>

The Angle works in 360 degrees.
The LinkedDestruction represents whether the building/plot will be destroyed if the hub(in this case the civil center itself) is destroyed.
Template is the plot template, so the rings on which you can build.
This plot is also meant to be auto upgraded into the set template when the hub is created, which is represented by UpgradeUponCreation.
X and Z are the offsets from the hub.

We basically duplicate as many segments/plots we need for each hub.

Edited by Exodarion