Making a village in blender - can the game handle a "building" with walls and then open space?

LordStark

Hi guys,

Some I am learning Blender and Java simultaneously. I'm a slow learner but highly motivated.

One of the things I have been working on is a model of a village.

• I made a flat circle which I plan to texture as "dirt" once i'm finished.
  • Around the circle of "dirt" I have a circle of cylinders that look like upright pencils - which I plan to texture as a palisade wall.
  • From there I wanted to add some of the buildings already in game as props at various points on the "dirt" and from within the enclosure.

In my mod you can appoint a bailiff who I intend to give the ability to build this rather large enclosure - a sort of ready made village which can be upgraded with a few houses and a couple of other things.

It occurs to me I might run in to the following issues:

1. I realised the game is going to end up treating this village as one large structure - that means that villagers will not be able to walk around inside the enclosure. Because the game will not treat it as an enclosure, but rather one big building. Or could the wall be treated as a prop with its own footprint and still be part of an overall structure. Am I correct in thinking that because the game will think my big village is actually a big structure, it this means I cannot do what I want?

2. Assuming there is a way around issue number 1, would the game be able to recognise each individual piece of wall so that you can attack one part and destroy one part without destroying the entire enclosure/wall?

3. Doing this basic modelling seems surprisingly easy. It did not take me long to figure out how to make an upright "pencil" for the palisade. I also learned how to make a circular array - making a perfectly nice circle. But I had to leave a gap where a gate would be. As i'm a novice at using blender, is it likely that I can easily figure out away to put a gate on the enclosure or is this an especially hard thing to do that requires an expert? 

The stone castles are build by the noblemen you grant Lordships to. The Bailiffs build the villages and the Lords build castles. This is ultimately the idea I am trying to implement (but with wooden palisade

sshot0014.jpg

Edited by LordStark

Hyrule Conquest has BFME Like structures for villages. You won't be able to get away with one model per village you'll need to break it into pieces.

For custom fortresses like that you'll need custom maps.

Then you can use the skirmish replacer feature of the game. Basically skirmish entities are entities that get replaced by that of the current civilisation when the game starts. This is how for example iberians start with walls. Skirmish walls are placed all around civ centers and only iberians have a matching building. The rest get nothing instead.