Recommend a new game?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're anything like me, which there is a good chance you are not, then you're a cheapskate. Some of my favorite free games are, besides 0AD, FreeCiv, Angband, The Battle for Wesnoth, and Speed Dreams. All are open-source. FreeCiv is a clone of Sid Meier's "Civilization." Angband is what is called a Rouge-like game where you upgrade a character (It is typically in 2-d ASCII graphics, so literally, a character) up to where it is powerful enough to defeat the evil boss at the bottom of the dungeon. The Battle for Wesnoth is another 2-d strategy game, this time where you control soldiers in campaigns against enemies over a series of scenerios by manuevering them and ordering attacks. Speed Dreams is a racing simulator that I enjoy using. It is more developed than TORCS, and is a bit more like an actual game. All of them I think are excellent choices, but are probably not as polished as something that you pay $30+ for.

Their websites. Freeciv.orgAngbandBattleForWesnoth, and Speed Dreams

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love Subnautica . Honestly one of the best games ever, I have 326 hours on it myself. I bought Sub Zero the day it came out, but haven't played it much yet because I wanted to wait until they finished the story, I should probably revisit that.
Kenshi isn't really my style, and neither is Rimworld, but honestly I might try Rimworld. Maybe something new is what I need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...