Sparta unit

Trongnguyen

I think the answer to your question is probably about balancing the civs. Sparta has a much, much better melee unit you can access at Phase 2 (skiritai commando). I play Sparta a lot, and I usually use hoplites to protect the CC from enemy rams. When I want to put together an army to attack, I use skiritai as my melee unit.

Also, Sparta does have skirmishers. They're not very strong, but you can make them a lot stronger by selecting Brasidas as your hero in Phase 3.

58 minutes ago, Trongnguyen said:

hoplite so weak

On the contrary, Spartan hoplites have +10% health bonus, so they come at 111 health instead of 100 health. They also have Hoplite Tradition tech which makes them rank up as fast as mercenaries -> OP

1 hour ago, Trongnguyen said:

expensive much than other civil

Same price. Skiritai commandos are expensive because they spawn at rank 3, but they are not spearmen / hoplite)

skirmisher

There are infantry skirmishers and cavalry skirmishers. 

Lack unit too

It does have less unit types than other civs, but you do get everything you need: champion infantry, 2 strong heroes, spear cav, javelin cav, ranged inf, spear, swords. You even get boltshooters on top of rams for seige.