Which Country Would You Want To Go To More

Why would you want to go to The Netherlands? There's nothing there besides Rotterdam, wind mills, dikes, wind mills, dikes, and Rotterdam ;)

(j/k for the friends of the Netherlands, you know how Belgians are :P)

You forgot Dutch best exporting product, drugs! And not to forget De Wallen (Red light district), Rijksmuseum (with the Nachtwacht), Deltawerken, Afsluitdijk, all the palaces, Nijmegen is pretty nice too. Maastricht is cool, the Dom of Utrecht, Volendam :P, man we have so many nice places (y)

And yeah, I know how Belgians are, fries, fries, fries. :) (j/k of course, it's a rediculous prejudice.)

You forgot Dutch best exporting product, drugs! And not to forget De Wallen (Red light district), Rijksmuseum (with the Nachtwacht), Deltawerken, Afsluitdijk, all the palaces, Nijmegen is pretty nice too. Maastricht is cool, the Dom of Utrecht, Volendam ;), man we have so many nice places (y)

And yeah, I know how Belgians are, fries, fries, fries.  :) (j/k of course, it's a rediculous prejudice.)

Heh, you forgot beer :P

Yeah, the Netherlands is pretty cool, though I haven't seen much of it yet (the big cities, most of Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, Kinderdijk, the delta works).

The Delta works were very impressive imo, anyone going to Europe should visit that. It's some kind of huge drain/sluice system protecting the inland from the sea.

Picture

Another picture

Beer? No no, beer is reserved for Germany. (y)

Hey, that's a serious offensive remark! :)

In Germany they only have what we call "pisbier" (pee beer), meaning that it's all light pils :P

In Belgium on the other hand we have every kind of quality beer you can imagine: Leffe (brown and blonde), Hoegaarden (white beer), all kinds of beer from the monasteries (Orval or Westmalle for example), the high-quality pils beers like Jupiler and Stella, and not to forget the very strong blonde beer Duvel (devil), etc.. The Japanese tourists are just crazy about Duvel; they think it's like German pils or Heineken and drink loads of it, while you can get seriously drunk after 4.

And Interbrew (Belgian company) is the largest beer producing company in the world ;)

Nah, if there's something reserved for Germany it must be sausages :P

Lol, we're champions in going off topic; from countries to beer (y)

Yep, Grolsch is much better than Heineken. I guess the difference between Belgian and other beers is that we mainly aim on local quality beers while others aim on export of more "industrial" beers.

It's sad sometimes, if I want to drink a good beer on holiday abroad you either get yellow water like Heineken or have to pay three times as much as in Belgium for a Belgian beer (if you find a bar selling it).

Only in Czech they seem to have good beer because they also still brew local ones.

Oh, a month ago we had some people from Switserland sleeping over for a weekend. The last night of their stay we organized a big barbecue and sold the local beer afterwards. Seems like they liked it, almost every one of them bought a few bottles :)

haha ... wow you guys turned off-topic (y)

ok ... let's make a compromise ... new topic - "Which country would you want to go to - depending on it's local beer" (:)

if that were the case i'd pick Bavaria - mainly due to their excellent Wheat (or white) Beer ... in all flavours - from crystal clear to natural to dark ... yummy!

if it were just for the country itself - my current pick would be Thailand! me and my wife are suffering from withdrawal since our holiday there in Summer 2003! (we've been to Koh Samui - in case you were wondering)

@Klaas ... ouch ... atleast she was out of harms way ... unlike many not-so-lucky people on the eastern coasts.

but i think ppl should travel again into those countries (maybe now even more than before) because the local populace really needs the money that tourism brings

• 4 weeks later...