In which part of Britain did the Celtic culture..

In Wales and Scotland (Ireland too if you insist).

Scotland always remained independant. The Romans never conquered it (Hadrian's wall was the border of the Roman Empire on the island), nor did the Anglo-Saxons. Wales was conquered by the Romans, but it didn't mean they lost their Celtic culture. When the Romans left and Germanic tribes like the Saxons invaded Britain they only invaded England while Wales staid independant for a long time.

When the Celts entered Britain isn't exactly sure. Lately there were some theories that say there is not enough proof for a Celtic invasion, but of course we can't ignore the similarity between the Celtic culture and the culture of the people living on the island in that period.

What's generally believed is the mostly Belgian Celts conquered the island. I don't remember the dates though, I'm sure Kor would know it.

I'm not sure, but some celtic migration from the continent (namely Belgium) is almost sure. What it's not sure is if peoples living in Britain at that time (the invaded ones) were of celtic culture or not. Tha material findings suggest they were related to the celtic culture, but there are some uncertainities.

:rolleyes:

In what country is it ? Holland ? :rolleyes:

Yes Holland :drug:

seems to be the Netherlands when you look at the name of the town, which I never heared of

Shame on you that you've never heard of it :grin:

BTW, The Netherlands and Holland are the same. Maybe I understood it wrong but I thought you didn't know that.

Well not really, Holland is just a part of the Netherlands. :P

Well not really, :P because the provinces are called North-Holland and South-Holland, so you're not completly right. But the name Holland is often used in country outside Holland itself, it's because in the past trading was mostly done in Holland then in the rest of The Netherlands, so that is why.