in-game chat mod

danieljames626

Is there a way to modify the in-game chat to place it on the screen in a different place or alter the font.  It is hard to see on bigger screens sometimes - or hard to notice.  Sometimes i'd like it to be closer to the centre of the screen or in a box down the bottom or something. is there a mod for this or does anyone else ever think about this feature?

11 minutes ago, danieljames626 said:

Is there a way to modify the in-game chat to place it on the screen in a different place or alter the font.  It is hard to see on bigger screens sometimes - or hard to notice.  Sometimes i'd like it to be closer to the centre of the screen or in a box down the bottom or something. is there a mod for this or does anyone else ever think about this feature?

If you want I can include this option in my mod (already has little features asked by other players) https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24649-autociv-mod-0ad-enhancer/

Just ask there for what/how exactly you want it or what options should have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nani said:

If you want I can include this option in my mod (already has little features asked by other players) https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24649-autociv-mod-0ad-enhancer/

Just ask there for what/how exactly you want it or what options should have.

Thanks, I'll check it out.  I wouldn't mind so much how it was implemented and I don't know what would be best for others. The problem is that it is just some small writing I have to almost turn my head to see. If I had my way, I suppose i would like to see the bottom interface given a nice uniform box instead of boxes of different heights and I would have the chats in the interface with them at the bottom of the screen.  Also, if I could do clever things like that, I would want the interface to be like my linux panel, in that I can have it on the top, bottom or sides - I think it should be movable.

I suppose these mods have to show what is possible and some of the ideas might find their way into the main fork one day. Thank you for your reply. I hope I explained well enough.

Edited by danieljames626