Replays don't appear (mac)

BeanBoy

After downloading about 20 replays, I was only able to see/watch about four. The /applicationsupport/0ad/replays/0.0.23 folder looked messy with random folder names I'd given to the downloaded games so I deleted them all to start fresh. Now none of the games I download can be seen on the in-game replay list. Neither do any of the locally played games (me vs AI) appear. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game which didn't resolve the issue either.

Does anyone know what i'm missing?

Edit: I've just become aware that replays with mods I've not got installed will only work once I remove reference to the mod or otherwise install the mod. But this does not explain why my locally played/saved games are not appearing either.

Edited by BeanBoy
New info

2 minutes ago, BeanBoy said:

After downloading about 20 replays, I was only able to see/watch about four. The /applicationsupport/0ad/replays/0.0.23 folder looked messy with random folder names I'd given to the downloaded games so I deleted them all to start fresh. Now none of the games I download can be seen on the in-game replay list. Neither do any of the locally played games (me vs AI) appear. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game which didn't resolve the issue either.

Does anyone know what i'm missing?

Usually it's because they have extra mods like autociv or fgod. You can remove them in the commands.txt in order for the replays to show up or you can download those mods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just updating that part. But that doesn't explain why my locally created replays are not viewable.

I assume I've done something, because they did at one point work, but now they don't. Do you know if there is any other file that should be present in the /applicationsupport/0ad/replays/0.0.23 other than the save game folders themselves?

Edited by BeanBoy
word

26 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Usually it's because they have extra mods like autociv or fgod. You can remove them in the commands.txt in order for the replays to show up or you can download those mods.

I think version and build number also a major factor? because I have downloaded https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27204-a24-23133-stan-vs-angen/ Game Replays but it's not showed up on my Game Replays, I am on Linux (A24) [21946], Correct me if I am wrong.

@BeanBoy 

in folder with all replays, you need to have for every replay one folder with any name and command.txt inside. You cannot have more folders inside like ...replays/0.0.23/somefolder/somefolder/commands.txt but you need to have ..replays/0.0.23/somefolder/commands.txt

Also be careful. You need to have the exact version of the game replay was recorded else it will not work.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, Angen said:

@BeanBoy 

in folder with all replays, you need to have for every replay one folder with any name and command.txt inside. You cannot have more folders inside like ...replays/0.0.23/somefolder/somefolder/commands.txt but you need to have ..replays/0.0.23/somefolder/commands.txt

Also be careful. You need to have the exact version of the game replay was recorded else it will not work.

That's exactly how I've got it. My single player games vs the AI are saved there automatically (so there can't be any issue with version), but they do not appear on the in-game replay list. I don't understand how/why...

On 12/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, Angen said:

@BeanBoy 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, cassius said:

I think version and build number also a major factor? because I have downloaded https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27204-a24-23133-stan-vs-angen/ Game Replays but it's not showed up on my Game Replays, I am on Linux (A24) [21946], Correct me if I am wrong.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, Stan` said:

Solved, I deleted the majority of the savegame folders and checked the in-game list, all remaining games appeared. I'm guessing there was at least 1 incompatible savegame files regarding either a mod or version descrepancy and that prohibited even the compatible games from appearing, which is weird, because I've had uncompatible saves in there before and simply those games alone did not appear in the list.