wowgetoffyourcellphone's gameplay design

Hi !

Some ideas about OAD design (excuse me if off-topic):

- Food.
I think units should eat, or in other words, consume continuously some food (and maybe wood and metal when mechanical). This would limit rather naturally soldiers number, because one should produce regularly enough food to sustain them, idle or not (and some, like cavs and heroes should eat more than ordinary soldiers of course). Even if population limit is removed, available terrain for fields is limited. If food is missing, units starve or fly to enemy. This would force players to maintain a serious productive background, not only during the development phase.

- Population
Population grow could be automatic: regularly, some new citizen units, female and male, are added in the houses (ratio of existing houses and/or women, I don't know). Then they can be set by the player directly to some productive occupation, or sent to buildings to become soldiers, healers and so on (it would be really training then and not creating people from nothing).
This would lead to exponential population grow. Yes. And the player should quickly face the problem to find room to settle them, enroll them in the army, set them to emigrate or even sell them as slaves.

Just my two cents...

• Like 3