Help for NAVAL

Alekusu

Hey guys,

I'm planning on making videos about Naval map but I have so many questions first:

Fishing:

- What is the rate/speed of fishing compared to farming ?

Trade boat:

- If you put troops in a trade boat, will they attack ?
- If you garrison tradesman from the market in a trade boat, will the trade be more efficient ?

Military boat:

- What is the difference on the boat's power between putting cavalry, infantry or ranged units in this boat ?
- How do women garrisoned on a boat affect the boat ?

- Except dock's upgrades, what other upgrades affect boat ?

- Does attacking a boat from front or from the side change something ?

- Which civ have the strongest boat ? and the weakest ?

Thank you very much for answering all of that, it will help a lot for my videos. I think that we could use the answers to add some naval strategy on the strategy guide.

PS: will a18 change anything about boats ?

Alex

This is what i could find

C:\0ad\binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\components/trader

garrisonMultiplier *= 1 + GARRISONED_TRADER_ADDITION * garrisonedTradersCount / 100;

C:\0ad\binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\templates\units fishing ship

<ResourceGatherer>
<MaxDistance>4.0</MaxDistance>
<BaseSpeed>1.0</BaseSpeed>
<Capacities>
<food>50</food>
<wood>20</wood>
<stone>20</stone>
<metal>20</metal>
</Capacities>
</ResourceGatherer>

I'm sure someone can give a better answer though.

• Like 1

What is the difference on the boat's power between putting cavalry, infantry or ranged units in this boat ?: Swords cavalry wont help as far as i've heard

How do women garrisoned on a boat affect the boat ?: they wont shoot arrows i dont think only in civic as far as i understand

Except dock's upgrades, what other upgrades affect boat ?: none i dont think theres more

- Does attacking a boat from front or from the side change something ?: when i play it looks like it shoots more arrows when its sideways to the enemie im not sure though.

- Which civ have the strongest boat ? and the weakest ?: i think they are pretty even though some can carry more at the same time, not 100% on that one either.

Else you can always test in scenario editor, thats what i would.

• Like 1

Naval really needs to get the mutch needed updates to make sea battles fun and there for the game more fun.

Really miss a good realistic naval system that adds more immersion to the game.... Would be so awesome to ramm a ship and see it break in 2/3 parts and if it got a garrison units they fall in the water to drown , or a ship that is set on fire by artillery or fire-arrows.

I really think its time to update the naval system and effects and balance.