Make Ptolemies + New Kingdom a faction of Egyptian civilization?

When the New Kingdom Egytpain faction of the 0AD BronzeAge-Addon-Pack Aristeia was created, no Ptolemies (also Egyptian, but later (Alex the Great successor state)) existed in 0AD main game.

Now the logical conclusion would be to convert the New Kingdom Egyptians to a faction of the Egyptians. Unfortunately in 0AD the Ptolemies not are a faction of the 'Egyptian' civilization but are a standalone civilization.

As a workaround I could live with this anomaly and would nevertheless make the New Kingdom Egyptians a faction of the Ptolemies, even though that may look a bit awkward.

Any advice on how to best deal with it?

Mods can overwrite any files you want. So you can overwrite the ptol.json file to have both under one general civ.

I don't think that's such a great idea though. It's only ever visible in the history screen (so not a lot of people notice it), and the Ptolemaics would be more related to the Macedonians than the Egyptians.

True due to the family being Macedonian successor.

I just thought it had more effects like e.g. adding the capability to evolve into another faction just like Mythos did it for the Gallic + Britons or the Hellenes. It apparently has not this desired effect. So I wonder how this can be reached then?

hm. as phases are techs anyway it will be possible. We had to think of a tech tree anyway at some point despite the transition to a new epoch really should be fluent and slow. This will be achieved by the artwork's timetag in the first place, though you still should have the chance to introduce such upgrade-all-techs-at-once special techs (to somewhat skip epochs as a cheat).

The common way will be to research a techtree to reach that point manually and not simply by researching only one single tech to get all technology of a new epoch.

I would love to have a timetag to guide the civilizations through history quite realistically, such that you only will fight stagnating cultures whenever those are very isolated + and there's really no innovation (we could introduce a tiny random chance that a civilization will not upgrade a common technology on time tag to achieve that effect.).

In any case, your separation idea would fit nicely. As it would give the phases the purpose we needed to retain the functionality.

May be a different structure building like a University, library and tech points like RoN Style. You need your city at max level and you can acces to university to collect this points, but is very slowly to upgrade only 3 tech in all game creates more fast tech points

Now cibv convert in other. And the lag from visual conversion. May be a tech in architecture to avoid all building at same time.