Persian Equine Transport Tech

Mega Mania

I've found this really strange, do the Persians need this tech? I mean this is a historical RTS, not Supreme Commander or Planetary Annihilation! Yes it sounds wonderful where you can train cavalry from warship but that sounds ridiculous for a sound man.

Here's some photo:

post-15682-0-86976800-1394334912_thumb.p

Hopefully the team understand why i found it ridiculous.

Edited by Mega Mania

I think this replaced the ability to carry cavalry for (some sizes of?) Persian ships when the trait got shared, so that other civs don't get some annoying "you can't transport cavalry" message. Not sure how I feel about it, training horses out of a ship is stranger than training marines though.

A workaround could be horses needing two transport slots for all other civs, while 1 for persians due to their skill in transporting horses. This could apply to other big units, with bolt throwers needing 2 as well, elephants/rams/stonethrowers needing 4 and siege towers needing 8 or 10 if transportable at all.

Edited by Prodigal Son
  • Like 1

I think this replaced the ability to carry cavalry for (some sizes of?) Persian ships when the trait got shared, so that other civs don't get some annoying "you can't transport cavalry" message. Not sure how I feel about it, training horses out of a ship is stranger than training marines though.

A workaround could be horses needing two transport slots for all other civs, while 1 for persians due to their skill in transporting horses. This could apply to other big units, with bolt throwers needing 2 as well, elephants/rams/stonethrowers needing 4 and siege towers needing 8 or 10 if transportable at all.

The idea of different/larger units needing more "garrison slots" is one that has been in the game design for a long time. It's just not something anyone has been interested in implementing. I am more than willing to make the Equine Transport tech do exactly this: Reduce garrison space for cavalry.

Indeed, I made the tech to compete with the Athenian marine tech and it made some historical sense since the Persians were the first people to transport cavalry squadrons across the sea with their warships (see: The Battle of Marathon). But if we ever get the garrison slot feature implemented, then I will definitely change this tech to be more realistic. Until then, I think it can stay as something unique for the Persians.

• Like 2