0 A. D. on old computers

thamlett

At this point 0AD should "run" on just about any computer. But, I put run in quotes because on anything older than a few years, 0 A.D. would be painfully slow.

Edit: I looked up the specs on your laptop... and I have a nearly identical laptop (Shipped with Win 98 I think) with only a few different perprentials (floppy drive in a laptop FTW!), faster clock speeds (Overclocking!), and more RAM (Salvage!). 0 A.D. barely managed to start on it. I would really recommend getting a new laptop, I think ~3 year old laptops off ebay or craigslist go for pretty cheap.

• Like 1

is there some way i can run the game on an older computer?

(my personal laptop is old T41 thinkpad)

Do you only want to run it, or have it playable as well? :P You could provide your system sepcs, the important parts are CPU, RAM, and GPU. If you manage to install and run 0 A.D., you can post the system_info.txt it generates in the log folder.

"Older" is always relative of course, but for laptops, it's even more of a concern as they will have lower-end hardware compared to a desktop of the same age. Eventually, it would be nice to get to a point where our minimum system requirements (http://play0ad.com/download/) are playable, but it needs a lot of work before that point.

• Like 1