Iberian Walls

cbel

Hi! I'm a new player that learned about 0 A.D. from a friend, and I just downloaded it and tried it out today. I've only played a couple of games, but I like it. But I had a question.

It says in the in game history tab that "Iberians start with a powerful prefabricated circuit of stone walls." But when I play as the iberians against the A.I., I don't appear to have walls?

So, I assume I'm just misunderstanding something. What am I doing wrong here?

It depends on the map. Most maps do have those walls. The default map doesn't have those walls though. I think they weren't added because there are lots of mountains around that can be used as defensive structure. Other maps will sometimes have walls, that aren't closed.

You'll notice that the island maps also don't have walls (because there's no place for that).

EDIT: also, the skirmish maps are a new map type. Adding those walls costs a bit of extra work, so sometimes they're just not added to save work. They're more common on random and scenario maps.

Since walls themselves aren't always possible would having some wall-towers (4?) around the CC be an acceptable compromise to retain the starting defensive bonus of the iberians?

Good thinking. I think the bonus could be tweaked to "A powerful circuit of prefabricated walls or up to 5 defense towers, depending upon the map."

Since walls themselves aren't always possible would having some wall-towers (4?) around the CC be an acceptable compromise to retain the starting defensive bonus of the iberians?

Afaik that is the case already on some maps, at least for the random maps I'm pretty sure I've seen just towers like that for maps where it is hard to place entire walls.