ActorEditor Error

Romulus

I should mention that when you open up the actor editor in alpha 15 on Windows it stops 0.A.D from working by presenting this error message

y1vo.jpg

I'm not posting for help, as I did get things working, but for the less savvy users out there will pose problems ;)

Edited by Romulous

Instead of editing the actor files (like this: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/athenians/cavalry_swordsman_b.xml) by hand, you can use the actor editor to edit it.Though I never use the actor editor. I prefer to just edit it by hand with a good, general text editor.

yeah that I'm thinking, but I can change "easily" a amor for a spear or a human animation like firing javelin for melee sword?

No I meant swapping swords for javelins using the velles animation.

Probably edit the projectile too make it look like a pilum

Is more easy, for non programmer mind, if I make a syntax mistake in the code, is hard to fix myself.

Just make duplicate file backups...

Edited by Romulous
  • Like 1

Calculating obstructions in a battle is far too CPU intensive. It would also need to be rather exact (they could fly through a fence, but not a wall etc). So it's just kept simple, and let all projectiles fly through everything.

Indeed.

Could just put units on walls and let them attack from there. Like Stronghold crusader?

I tell you what would be cool, is if we can put Roman balista units on walls and wall towers ;)

Edited by Romulous