garrison Elephant dog Siege ram and tower

newcivs

Sorry, I don't get your question, do you want to modify the game, or are you asking if that's possible with the current game?

For the last case, the answer is no. Civs only have a limited set of units showing off their historical strengths. If a civ didn't have strong javelinists, it won't be shown in the game.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't get your question, do you want to modify the game, or are you asking if that's possible with the current game?

For the last case, the answer is no. Civs only have a limited set of units showing off their historical strengths. If a civ didn't have strong javelinists, it won't be shown in the game.

Ok, But this "libyan javelinist" was a strong unit, very useful for ambushes, even in a common battle, "Lonchophoroi"

We aren't talking about the Libyan civ though, we're talking about the Carthagians. They used many mercenaries, and they already have a javelinist available, the Iberian one.

As the Iberians provided many mercenaries, they should be present under the Carthagian civ. So you should compare the Libyan to the Iberian javelinist, and see which one was stronger or used more. If the result is the Libyan one, then there should also be found an alternative Iberian unit.

as eyecandy unit this can work for sure. If someone makes it, we could include it.

The "libyan" javelinist were the "lonchophoroi"

"with the same appereance of the libyan spearman, but without spear, they used javelins!!, this unit fight on open formation, launcing many javelins to the enemy, and were very useful for ambushes, but in a "hot batlle" was good"

excuse that the source is in spanish, but is very useful!

220px-Libyan_phoenician_lancer.png

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ej%C3%A9rcito_de_Cartago

We're working on it: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2190

Some things are meant to happen (like you shouldn't be able to garrison rams inside a CC), but some things (like the dogs) are a bug.

i gonna explain you with fail examples:

* Carthage: Elephant!, and Hanibal Barca "an Elephant", on Birreme, Trirreme and Quinquerreme

* Briton: Dog and Ram, on celtic Trirreme, and viking ship "on random maps"

* The rest of civs "Rome, Persian, Gauls, Athens and Sparta", Siege Rams

* Macedon: Ram and Siege Tower,

And Manythanks for the Patch about it!!!!!!, play with this trouble was a few stressful on naval maps, because i need atack the enemy coast, built a civ centre and many fortresses, and "kennels", and be alert on 2 fronts:

* the "occupied terrytory"

* my terrotory

Edited by newcivs