Sound designer

Position: Sound designer

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?
Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?
Yes

Name:
Brandon Morris

Email:
Brandonmorris12@gmail.com

MSN Messenger:
Brandonmorris12@live.com

Availability:
I go to school and have a part time job so I am not looking for a lead part. But I am willing to assist an other lead sound guys to increase their work flow.

Freelance Audio Engineer/Sound Designer

Skills and Experience:
I have been working on open source games for sounds and music for 5+ years now. Some works I have done in the past have been Flare Rpg and Dretchstorm ( a updated version of tremulous). I also supply free sounds under the CC-by-3.0 licence for Opengameart.org.

Motivation:
My motivation comes from the thrill of building an atmosphere from scratch. From Bg to Foley, to out of this world hard fxs. It makes me feel good about myself.

Personality:
I am a back of the bus quiet kind that enjoys learning from what people do and get up to the front if no one else can do what they are trying to do. I let people take the wheel but if they die in the driver seat, I will take over quickly.

Short Essay:
I found out about Wildfire games about 2 years ago and I placed a forum post for a sound position. But at that time i was doing fulltime work and full time schooling. Now I have more times on my hands and I would like to get back into it.

Interests and Hobbies:
Enjoy working with other people that share a love for sound. Also love talking about music and I'm into competitive gaming. Especially on a strategy/game theory level.

Community:
Gamasutra, IdmForums, Opengameart,Gameboom

Favorite Game:
Favorite game of all time from a emotional point of view would prob be starcraft and Warcraft II Tides of darkness. Those games is what started this snowball of digital realm sound design.

Work Examples:
Here is a short Demo Reel.

• Like 1

http://storytelling101.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/sound-more-important-tha-video-say-it-aint-so/

The sound give more credibility a movie or a game than visuals effects, try to see Dark Knight Rises fighting scenes without audio.

I learn that time ago a teacher asked what is most important in a audiovisual Project. And he say is the audio/sound.

Welcome to the project. :)

• 4 weeks later...