===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic shields and unit props

Enrique

Template v1.0

How to use it:

1- Select one layer for each layer group to build up the texture

2- Reorder "front" color layers if you want more than one color

3- Use the "Patterns" layer or the "Emblems" layer to select by color and remove portions of layers to show the below layers.

4- Remove all kind of "front" colors parts until the last layer is visible for playercolor parts

5- Choose one of the two variations of playercolor (it's just a grunge texture & shadows for the playercolor) and leave the "fill" layer visible

5- ???

6- Profit

EDIT: PSD version is not working with layer groups, so there are a lot of layers on the PSD. Instead of layer groups, the layers start with their group name in caps.

Removed until I fix some problems with transparencies

Lion, not sure if you noticed, but your previous eagle emblem design is already on the template (which I think it looks better IMO).

Also keep in mind that emblems would be easier to see with white/lighter colors than black/darker colors in general.

Some notes:

- The shields you posted do not have playercolor. You won't be able to recognize which player owns the units with those shields. Playercolor is achieved by leaving one of the two playercolor variation layers visible (not both), and the last one called "fill" unaltered (you changed the color and opacity)

- The template was designed to use only one layer of each group. If you use more than one "mid" or more than one "rim" some subtle shadows and grunge will overlap and it will look almost black in-game if there's playercolor.

- Be careful if you want to add more transparent layers or grunge textures, make sure you test the result in-game, because from my experience, the playercolors are very sensitive to alpha opacities.

ok, white, the eagle was a new emblem more Greek but was don't work, i forget the dark colors ...ups.

ok was so complicate with those layers but i try again, is difficult with low res, i know is final resolution, but is hard do the things as the past. is hard work the alpha, i noticed is too sensitive 10% is very high, that shields are best to try celtic paterns. too layers, remember im Photoshop user.

forget the eagle, i like we have more than one eagle. ok now your instructions have sense, but so the Shield are half finished, what are the real work in this?.

may be add Patters and Emblems?

ok i´ll try again tomorrow.

• 1 month later...