Suggestion : a limit to the size of signatures in the forum

Hi all,

I've noticed that sometimes the forum pages can be difficult to browse and read easily because of the overwhelming presence of big signature pictures. When those pictures are too big, they mess with the actual content (be text or pictures) of the thread. We don't need to see a repetition of one same visual all along the pages. We need to read the pages in the best conditions.

So, I suggest we set a maximum height to those pictures, for example 60 pixels. That's what they do in a french Blender forum I'm in, and it works fine.

The thing I don't know is if the forum system does already allow such height limit in an automatic way...

Ludovic (those days busy training on Blender)

As long as the limit is higher than the height of my signature; I'm for ;-)

I'm not really sure how much 60px is, but I try to keep my signature height as small as possible (which I compensate by building in the horizontal direction)

I hope I won't have to change anything, but I agree that there should be a limit: either a forced one, or a moral one which is forced by a constitutional comment or PM from time to time (I've already hinted at some people on this forum to change their signature size, and they have done so immediately, I prefer doing so by PM as not to attract attention to the person in question, but of course other people/new people on the forum don't learn from that ... and they could possibly make the same mistake ...)

Good Idea, works proportional?, and now we can use icons like I did one for idawin.

Lengh seems less important, so maybe we can go with only height limitation.

And yes the one Idanwin have is ok, at least for me. Lion, yours for now is clearly big in comparison.

Staff signatures used to be standard (and still are for the most part). Size doesn't really matter because it all depends on browser width. Lets just try not to be too liberal with our signatures :P

Bottom line: placing a limit means enforcing it. I'd rather not do that. Guidelines are okay though. Besides, if signatures are outrageously huge, we can notify users :)

• Like 1

Yeah idawin is short version of mine, in mine promotional , now all you know our project. Geek it's right other solution is use some svg language to signatures and mine can be proportional a browser that, member and guest use. That suggestion is because, SVG works very dinamically. May be some kind of iframe.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Lion.Kanzen, thanks for replacing your signature. You might want to correct "Join to us" to "Join us" (with a small u).

Also, the second sentence is technically correct (except the capital S), but it would sound better in English if you change it to something like "Anyone can help."