Re-use resources when demolishing?

Would this be something of interest? I mean, if you tare down a wall, wouldn't it be logical to be able to harvest the stone again?

I think you should be able to get some of the resourced back when you delete one of your buildings, perhaps related to how much health it has (like, 50% of the resources to build the thing x the % health, something like that). I'm not sure, but something like this may already be in the game. I'll test. EDIT: Tested, does not, but perhaps we should implement something like this.

If you mean you should be able to harvest resources from "rubble", then we ruled that out as unnecessary complexity.

EDIT: I mean, it's a cool idea and all, and one others have suggested as well, but we have to balance the complexity of the game. We still have yet to implement a lot of other things in the game design that add complexity. But please, don't be afraid to suggest other ideas and take a look at the other "ideas" topics to add your two cents.

Don't forget, we have looting, so if you demolish someone else's structures, you can indeed recover some of the resources. And I agree with Mythos that it wouldn't be bad to have a similar concept when destroying your own.

It would also be good to include some kind of visual way to show the player that this is happening. Maybe something like this:

vhuInyH.png

• Like 1

It would also be good to include some kind of visual way to show the player that this is happening. Maybe something like this:

I think this would be a bit too much, because after a while when your taking over a city or harvesting a resource you have this thing plopping up and i find it quite annoying.

Normally you have your eye on this bar and you see the numbers jumping, that might already be enough!

i don't think this needs a UI change. there are lots of things not represented in the UI, such as the attack vs armour damage calculation, the projectile reload time ...

the player just learns these while playing, and they should be available in some documentation or tutorial.

Edited by sanderd17

Perhaps destroyed buildings ought to leave ruins which could then be used as a mine of sorts, It would help with realism, and discourage building spam, ie. building a fortress right over the last destroyed one seconds after it being knocked down

there would also be ruined buildings for a sort of eyecandy, should a player be too busy to clear them. and a greater feel of conflict where it is played out

Perhaps destroyed buildings ought to leave ruins which could then be used as a mine of sorts, It would help with realism, and discourage building spam, ie. building a fortress right over the last destroyed one seconds after it being knocked down

I think this was rejected on the basis of unnecessary micromanagement. I would be OK with it as long as you could still build over the ruins (just losing all the potential resources), but I do prefer automatic looting.