Gaming Changes

PraDragon{NexT}

I definetly enjoy so much this game and im about to work hard on it, make strategies and gaming bussiness, but there is a couple things that makes me very confuse in game. First of those, its the Buildings Construction; it takes so long time and make you need to use at least 5 peasants if you wish to have it a bit quickly (and still not so quickly), i hope the building construction speed could be changed to make it more faster to build, definetly it makes the game so slowly and waste a bit of your time; per example, if you wish to build a house quickly, you may use 10 peasants, wish make'em useless for a couple secconds, where you could be using them on wood\food\iron and etc. The other issue i have is about the super zoom. Definetly the units are very small and with this irregular zoom position, many times you can miss few units (i cant imagine how confuse it will be in a fight). Thx.

its the Buildings Construction; it takes so long time and make you need to use at least 5 peasants if you wish to have it a bit quickly (and still not so quickly), i hope the building construction speed could be changed to make it more faster to build, definetly it makes the game so slowly and waste a bit of your time; per example, if you wish to build a house quickly

what Build/ versión using are you using? many things was change in new SVN Build. the Balancing are Change, now is more fast Build a House, for Alpha XIII you view few changes. but may be its not enough fast.

what Build/ versión using are you using? many things was change in new SVN Build. the Balancing are Change, now is more fast Build a House, for Alpha XIII you view few changes. but may be its not enough fast.

Im with the newest version and it stills slowly :/

Try exploring the camera buttons (Q,W,E,A,S,D) along with the zooming and you'll get splendid perspectives!

But the main problem is not exactly the zoom, but the way you use it in small units doesnt gives you a good perspective of where they are nor a good army control.

Im with the newest version and it stills slowly :/

But the main problem is not exactly the zoom, but the way you use it in small units doesnt gives you a good perspective of where they are nor a good army control.

Lastest version for Public. in Trac you can follow the Change and Experiment Uses SVN version. use SVN Tortoise Software to Dowdload. obviusly if you want test it and modding.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TortoiseSVN_Guide

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Base building is an important mart of 0 A.D. IMO like it was in AoE. Many modern RTS games have effectively removed a "base building phase" by making the buildings build-time and costs quite low. That removes an important part of what makes AoE so good. Additionally nearly no modern RTS game allow to build good price/value defensive structures for the late-game so the base is pretty much just there to produce units and you don't need more than one building of each type. It's defensive capabilities are nearly irrelevant in late-game so beating the army essentially means winning the game. That is quite linear, simplistic and unrealistic. So IMO it's a good thing building a base takes time and defensive structures are still effective in late-game.

Edited by FeXoR