Roman General Influence

Burzum

I have an idea for the Roman civilization.

Much the same way that female citizens make male soldiers worker better? We need Roman general in the army to make them fight better.

This is historacly accurate as well because organization was heavily enforced by generals over the average legionaire.

I'm not talking about a general in the rank like a Tribune or a legatus but similar to centurions.

Here are some examples:

Copy_of_ROMAN_GENERALS_GUARD_CAVALRY_INFO.jpg

Generals+02.jpg

There were several of them in a legion and each kept the legion in order and commanded the legionaires.

They wore golden bronze breast plates and red crested helmets. They did not have shields. This would be very similar to the cavalry in Aoe. But with a bronze breast plate and red crests.

These would be trained as elite cavalry units, but combined in and amongst the infantry their influence should make them fight better, or insert extra attack points etc... And don't forget! Build better and faster! In Caesar's time he had these guys over his men when they built the palisades around Alesia.

This would be very useful and historacly correct.

Also we need a standard-bearer

roman-standard-bearer-WI.jpg

Much the same way generals would make the troops fight harder, every legion needs a standard-bearer. He was essential to the legion.

Those are some good ideas there for the Romans. Including the use of "Pilum Attack" legionaires need to be able to hurl pilum at other units. A legion cannot throw pilum more than twice. So untill after a certain period of time he may generate the ability again, or you would need to garrison the legions back into camp in order to be able to throw pilum again.

^^

Edited by Burzum

We have "heros" for each civilization that has an aura that produces benefits. I think the roman heros were all generals at one point. As far as the roman standard bearer, I am not sure if they will be included as an actual unit. People seem to think of them as more of an eyecandy unit.

yes i iagree with Sighvatr, we suggest this unit for Eye Candy list, its not great relevant unit, into battle, with Actual Gameplay System of course.

There is the List.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16959

Though I think it would be cool if a player produces 50 or more Roman units in one queue, an additional free standard bearer pops out as well.

Yes something I just had in mind.

The bearer could represent a legion of say 60 units. Each 10 units would need a centurion and so on.

This brings a kind of organization to the Roman civ.

I'm not sure if there are any Roman archers? The ones with black chain mail?