Intel HD 4000

I tried 0.A.D. today and it ran very badly. Felt like 10 FPS and there were a lot of graphical glitches (haven't figured out how to make screens yet). But it was more or less unplayable.

My setup:

- Thinkpad Edge E330 with an ivy bridge i3 @ 2.4 ghz and intel hd 4000 graphics

- Fedora 18

- 0.A.D Alpha 12 from the official repos

To me it looks like the game just isn't adjusted to work with HD 4000. I found a post stating that the game works with a similar setup, but I'm not sure if the poster refers to windows, maybe the game runs better there.

Is this a known issue, and is there anything I can try to improve the whole situation? I have a decent knowledge of linux and programming, but none when it comes to games and 3D stuff.

There are two things causing the lag: graphics rendering and AI/pathfinding.

For the graphics, a lot of fancy graphics have been added in alpha 12, but can be disabled: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16910

About the AI, well, just try to play against less opponents. You can lower your population cap in random maps, chose a weaker opponent (like qbot instead of aegis bot), and play against less teams at once. Or even better, play multiplayer instead of against an AI.

No, I had no issues. But I have a different model without a dedicated Nvidia card and without the cache SSD. Did you set the boot mode to legacy? And try to disable Intel SRT.

But I wouldn't recommend Fedora 18 at all, it has so many bugs. you should probably go with Ubuntu until F19 comes out.

• 2 months later...