Programmers needed?

fireprog

Why not make a post in the Sourceforge "Help Wanted" forum? Seems to be fairly active...

Thanks for flagging fireprog :)

We discussed this internally at the end of 2012 but the discussion went quiet while we were getting ready to release Alpha 12. Also discussed was a help wanted page for our website, which i still think is a good idea so I'll raise it again with the team.

Thanks for flagging fireprog :)

We discussed this internally at the end of 2012 but the discussion went quiet while we were getting ready to release Alpha 12. Also discussed was a help wanted page for our website, which i still think is a good idea so I'll raise it again with the team.

No problem, I got a newsletter today from Sourceforge, mentioning this forum, thought it was applicable to 0AD since I've read several times that you needed more programmers. This was the least I could do since I'm not really a programmer myself.

yeah, all implement in Alpha 12 was in Art depatment, Programming must be have double and even triple Members, the Features to implement are many and very complex, bug rise with each Alpha, improvements its a long path to a little Staff.

Yeah I noticed that, I actually know a very talented programmer who might be able to help with a few issues. I don't think she has experience in game programming but she might be able to help anyways. She has a Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meredith_L._Patterson

If there are any specific issues that you're having trouble with, I could always ask if she knows how to fix it. I know her in real life so I just have to ask her :)

Yeah I noticed that, I actually know a very talented programmer who might be able to help with a few issues. I don't think she has experience in game programming but she might be able to help anyways. She has a Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meredith_L._Patterson

If there are any specific issues that you're having trouble with, I could always ask if she knows how to fix it. I know her in real life so I just have to ask her :)

She looks busy :)

We need fix the weakness areas in Game development, The performance, New planned Features And improvements. the bugs and minors in second.

Compare Alpha 10 & 11 with Alpha 12 in Features(gameplay, especially planned Features & Optimization ) disscard (not Art & Sound, others).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We need out of Forums and Official chat to attracts more contributors. more Opensorces Social media platforms i agree totally with Fireprog.

weed need more same FEXOR and Zoot. even the guy make wall system left the forums.

4OdeL.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I think we need a site were people can upload their contributions (maps, scenarios and mods).

We could do a screenshot contest (every month, every two months?)

I'm quite sure that the addition of triggers will attract some contributors.

Weekly/Monthly updates with new maps, models, concept art ... anything that looks good. There hasn't been an update since 23 december!

• Like 1

yeah, all implement in Alpha 12 was in Art depatment, Programming must be have double and even triple Members

0 A.D. Alpha 12 Loucetios Release features list:

Diplomacy Programming

Packing Siege Engines Programming & Art

Formation Order Queueing Programming

Heroes Programming

Slaughter Attack Programming

Unit Training Hotkeys Programming

New Match Setup Options Programming

Five New Random Maps Programming

Improved Water Rendering Programming

Post-Processing Manager Programming

Rubble Art

New song Sound

Sound Manager update Programming

Hmm.

Diplomacy Programming(Basic Diplomacy)

Packing Siege Engines Programming & Art(need improved with Formations movement)

Formation Order Queueing Programming (i did not notice this)

Heroes Programming(Minor)

Slaughter Attack Programming(Minor)

Unit Training Hotkeys Programming(Minor issue - very nice)

Five New Random Maps Programming(Minor)

Improved Water Rendering Programming(Graphic)

Rubble Art

New song Sound

Sound Manager update Programming(Sound)

Hmm.

Post Processing maybe but not in Gameplay.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Diplomacy Programming

Packing Siege Engines Programming & Art

Formation Order Queueing Programming

Heroes Programming

Slaughter Attack Programming

Unit Training Hotkeys Programming

Five New Random Maps Programming

Improved Water Rendering Programming

Rubble Art

New song Sound

Sound Manager update Programming

Hmm.

LOL (sorry for this useless reply but I laughed so hard at this :D)

She looks busy :)

She is, but she's always willing to help with whatever I need help with :)