My project based on 0A.D.

Nexusgot

Hi guys!

I am an italian student of art and design. Now I have to choose a long term project for my school so I decided to create a game based on your engine, cause I think it's so darn good, and I always loved RTS games :)

My project should be about changing the models and the graphic section of 0A.D. (models, textures, animations and stuff) replacing it with the one I'm going to create. My idea is to make a medieval version (in AoE2 style, cause I like that period of our history) and maybe then modify something in the substance to make it more personal, and make it fit with my ideas. I told my teacher about your game, your kindness and helpfulness also, so he said "ok let's see what you got!".

Why am I telling you this?

Well, first, cause I want to thank you for your work on that great project and for making it available as an open source.

Second, cause I will need your help, and I hope I won't bother you with questions about my external project, but I will be really glad to get your help.

It's the hardest project in my class, so I hope I can do it! :D

Bye people, and thanks again!

Edited by Nexusgot
  • Like 1

That sounds like an incredibly ambitious task, good luck! Importing models, animations in particular is tricky, so please ask lots of questions so that other people can use the answers when they want to make content.

I would encourage you to put everything online like we do with 0 A.D. I'm sure lots of people will be interested and it might provide some extra motivation. How long will you project last?

Agree with Jonathan, best of luck, and yeah, ask questions, and if you have time feel free to add the information you gain to the wiki to improve it. It's easier for someone who isn't a long-time contributor to see good ways to describe things for new people wanting to contribute/make content :)

• Like 2

Good luck Nexugot for this very ambitious project ! Medieval era is probably my favourite time in History and I would love to see the 0 A.D. game engine supporting such historical period! That said, considering the huge work it is to achieve a single civilization in a good-looking way, I think you will need a team around you. This project seems too much for a single person! But anyway, best luck and yeah, feel free to request advices!

Sì Ribez è una specie di corso affine allo IED :)

I have time until summer 2014 (so I hope the world won't end this month...) and yes, it seems to be a hard work for one person only but I want to see what happens. I started and I'm looking for a good way to make the work good but also fast, finding an optimal standard.

Thank you all for your support and for the luck :) I will let you know something as soon as I have some results done!