[Scenario]Codename: "Romeland Security"

desmotes

First: I think it's a matter of politeness to answer somebody that opens up the discussion again and expects an answer, so, after checking in again, I saw two answers and chose to post back. And so it went on, since people obviously feel they need to persuade me into some kind of holocaust denial, because they chose to ignore modern history.

I couldn't find any sign of "holocaust denial" in this thread. Such accusations are not helpful.

(If I missed something please specify where you see "holocaust denial").

I consider this sick - since it's the majority that thinks so,

I'm not so sure. It mainly seams to be the German point of view. And they are a minority - as every other nations population.

Third thing: As I said, if you think, using Nazi symbols is a necessary feature of the game, use it - but don't complain if people feel offended by it.

Yes, 0 A.D. should live with the consequences. But it's just not a Nazi symbol - at least not exclusively. So why leave this symbol to them? I don't want to give them anything, not even my attention - until I meet one in a bar telling stupid stuff: Then I tell him he's telling stupid stuff.

But even telling stupid stuff is not a "Nazi property" ^^.

If your goal is to offend people, go on!

There's a huge difference between an effect and a goal.

This is the very last post now, don't expect any further answers.

That's your rightful decision.

Edited by FeXoR

I said, if you think, using Nazi symbols is a necessary feature of the game, use it - but don't complain if people feel offended by it. If your goal is to offend people, go on! But don't expect me to play or contribute or only expect me to be the only one to be offended.

For the last time, it is a Hindu symbol we are using, not a Nazi symbol. The symbol was used for thousands of years before the Nazis and will likely be used in non-Nazi contexts well after both you and I are both dead. But beyond all that, we have already said many times that we are perfectly 'ok' with a Germany-only version of the game where the symbols are removed. I am aware of at least a few commercial games that have done this. You continually ignore this, claiming we are Nazi propagandists instead. Your behavior rises well-beyond simple emotion to the level of fanaticism. We can't spend any more time addressing this issue with you if you will not listen to our compromises and instead claim we are propagandists. Thread locked.
  • Like 1