Garrison improving resource idea

AllenY

I remember this from Earth Empire, if you put units into the building where the dropsite was, the amount of resources went up by a percentage. Perhaps this could be implemented here as well? Also, maybe if you put more females in, the food bonus is more but more males, the ore bonus is more? It would be more realistic as well as useful since its not like you can hack some branches from a tree throw it in a pile and call it timber. Well, maybe you can, but you still need to chisel stone and forge iron, right?

I remember this from Earth Empire, if you put units into the building where the dropsite was, the amount of resources went up by a percentage. Perhaps this could be implemented here as well? Also, maybe if you put more females in, the food bonus is more but more males, the ore bonus is more? It would be more realistic as well as useful since its not like you can hack some branches from a tree throw it in a pile and call it timber. Well, maybe you can, but you still need to chisel stone and forge iron, right?

Empire Earth 2?

Why? You mention realism at the end, but ignoring that for now, how will this affect the way the game is played and why will this make the game better?

It would add a bit more sublety to resource gathering than just finding it and setting a female/male on it. It's possible to maximise gains this way but not possible not to without careful thought, so it's in a way a sort of logistics. I don't mean like +50%, game-winning strategy, I mean just as another layer to the game. Plus, it might help to reduce lag since they are indoors? :pardon:

the lag is not a very strong argument as it has to be dealt with on a much, much larger scale (having 300 pop attacking should be possible)

as for the realisme, it's a game and will remain unrealistic, even if you make people work in a house to forge a specific weapon, and make shoes and god knows what else.

nice to bring up the idea, I don't find it convincing yet, but looking forward to getting convinced ;)

It would add a bit more sublety to resource gathering than just finding it and setting a female/male on it. It's possible to maximise gains this way but not possible not to without careful thought, so it's in a way a sort of logistics. I don't mean like +50%, game-winning strategy, I mean just as another layer to the game. Plus, it might help to reduce lag since they are indoors? :pardon:

I agree with alkazar here. We shouldn't be doing things like this because of lag, if we want fewer units moving around we can decrease the pop cap for a similar effect.

The idea adds complexity and is basically another rule to learn. I can't see how it is strategic, it is just one more micro thing to keep track of.