Couple of ideas

theory816

That's a Celtic bonus already, I think its good the way it is: make civs really different, for Celts druids are indispensable as ox-building, how ever you call it, is necessary for a good Spanish gameplay.

I'm completely opposed to conversions, and I guess there's is a bunch of serious players against it, it destroys the whole game-play atmosphere.

If you make it a mod, an OPTION, I encourage it a lot, some people like it; but make it a constraint is really disappointing, regarding how good this open-source game turned out 'till now.

again, without wanting to hurt anyone, there's the guy having fun running around the map with a few horsemen and a priest, converting units,

and there is the other sort that likes to play the perfect game he could possibly play. (economic growth and military battlefield control)

again, Conversion or some semblance of it should be included, but to compensate it should be very difficult or otherwise costly (Bribery, for instance, could cost as much metal as it would otherwise take to just TRAIN the unit), and the priest would be very frail as a unit, and you would only be able to have a few at a time, perhaps depending on how many temples you have

and, also again, such conversion abilities should be limited to civilizations which are KNOWN to have converted foreigners on numerous occasions

i think that morale boosts in the field should be given to people like standard-bearers, drummers/trumpeters, or bards of some kind (you'll notice that, in pretty much every form of fiction, bards are a more supportive class). personally, i envisioned something along these lines as a type of unit available to some civilizations as well as for a unique hero for the Greeks, Orpheus the bard