multiplayer zone

hey chères friends,

as i like the improvements made in the moment very much, i would like to point on another feature.

a multiplayer-zone. unfortunately i've tried several times to host or join a game with the current possibilities and it failed due to my unbreakable firewall (it's a german provider-based router which has it implemented nearly "un-switch-off-able") but i remember the implemented multiplayer-interface in for example AOE III (which wasn't the best at all, but it worked well even with such a firewall).

and i know that it would need capable programmers for such a task but i would love to see such a development.

are there any plans made for an integrated multiplayer interface in the game? are there any reflections about this issue made yet?

thx!

regards

hey chères friends,

as i like the improvements made in the moment very much, i would like to point on another feature.

a multiplayer-zone. unfortunately i've tried several times to host or join a game with the current possibilities and it failed due to my unbreakable firewall (it's a german provider-based router which has it implemented nearly "un-switch-off-able") but i remember the implemented multiplayer-interface in for example AOE III (which wasn't the best at all, but it worked well even with such a firewall).

and i know that it would need capable programmers for such a task but i would love to see such a development.

are there any plans made for an integrated multiplayer interface in the game? are there any reflections about this issue made yet?

thx!

regards

Yes there are plans but as far as I can see in the timeline and road map that its is not planned for alpha 8 . There is a ticket on creating a built in multiplayer interface . So it will get implemented someday . Its only a matter of Time . But how much time is another question altogether ?

Hello. Yes there are plans to create an in-game multiplayer lobby. I started to work on this. But don t expect it to work soon, there is still a few things that cause me headache.. ;)

things that are working:

_account registration

_connection

_send / receive messages to / from the server

_requesting and receiving the games list

_host / join game (not very well yet)

things to do:

_retrieving the public IP address

_NAT punchthrough ?

_make the server more robust

_better GUI

_there is also a lot of things to improve everywhere

Would you guys host it? I hate third party hosts like Voobly and stuff. Also, I really think that you should have an ELO rating system. This does NOT limit other players, since they can still play unrated or do scenarios or whatever. It is a must for competitive play however!

well I am quite certain the ELO rating is not that complicated* since a good deal of aoe/aom people have dealt with it (meaning they have either done stuff like ESO Fropco, simple elo for age3, etc...so I think it would be quite possible.

*I for one could not do it

Edited by fiasco