Wild animals destroy buildings

ac892006

Some of my villagers angered a wild elephant and the wild elephant followed my villagers back to the town center where it killed all the villagers and then started attacking the town center . After a while the town center was destroyed . Now what i am guessing is that this problem is not only with elephants . I think lions and other animals can attack buildings too . So what course of action that should I take .

1 . no animals can destroy building .

2 . only elephants allowed to destroy building

Some of my villagers angered a wild elephant and the wild elephant followed my villagers back to the town center where it killed all the villagers and then started attacking the town center . After a while the town center was destroyed .

Personally, I think thats awesome that elephants can destroy buildings, and is not a bug, if anything I would call that a feature. It encourages players to be more careful when attacking animals, as attacking animals can have consequences.

Personally, I think thats awesome that elephants can destroy buildings, and is not a bug, if anything I would call that a feature. It encourages players to be more careful when attacking animals, as attacking animals can have consequences.

I agree. It adds something to the game that I really like.

well, could you at least make it so buildings fight back? An elephant attacked one of my towers that was full of archers, but the tower did not shoot back at the elephant. same with fortresses.

if you did that, I would have no problem with animals being able to destroy buildings.

Edited by theShadow

Some of my villagers angered a wild elephant and the wild elephant followed my villagers back to the town center where it killed all the villagers and then started attacking the town center . After a while the town center was destroyed . Now what i am guessing is that this problem is not only with elephants . I think lions and other animals can attack buildings too . So what course of action that should I take .

1 . no animals can destroy building .

2 . only elephants allowed to destroy building

I agree. It adds something to the game that I really like.

Indeed! Just had two elephants pwn my base and I didn't even know it! We need attack notifications!

well, could you at least make it so buildings fight back? An elephant attacked one of my towers that was full of archers, but the tower did not shoot back at the elephant. same with fortresses.

if you did that, I would have no problem with animals being able to destroy buildings.

I thank you all for your prompt input on the matter so I did some research . Yes elephants do indeed destroy buildings . So elephants destroying buildings is not a problem . But currently in 0ad Lions and other animals also destroy building which is not possible in the real world . On top of that towers fortresses do not fire arrows at animals even if the animals are destroying them as well as they do not fire upon animals even when instructed (THIS A BUG) .

So here is what I intend to do .

1. Elephants can destroy buildings other animals can not .

2 . Towers and forts can fire on animals if attacked or if instructed to do so .

post-13219-0-39603100-1316544810_thumb.j

Probably should be tied in with whatever we add to make infantry not automatically target buildings, and any other kind of target prioritisation we need. (Incidentally, I think AoM+ used the concept of a "tactics" file which the entity definitions pointed at, to specify this kind of stuff and to share it between multiple entities; don't know if that'd be a useful thing in our system (since we already have sharing via inheritance).)